WASTE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
The Waste Management Department of the Tamale Metropolitan Assembly exist to keep the city clean and healthy by the provision and delivery of effective and efficient waste collection and disposal services and programmes that are environmentally acceptable and at affordable cost to all sections of the Metropolis.
Sustainable Environmental Sanitation for all.
Working for a cleaner city.
The Waste Management Department shall;
- Service public and private sanitary facilities
- Supervise the collection, treatment and disposal of solid waste
- Facilitate the provision of Sanitation facilities
- Supervise the cleansing of public drains, streets, markets, open spaces
- Manage treatment plants & control discharge sites for septage
- Manage final disposal for both solid and liquid waste
- Supervise and control the operation of cesspool emptiers and other sanitation related services
- Lead the establishment on active cooperation with TaMA and other support agencies working in environmental sanitation sector.
- Advise the Assembly on recycling and other uses of waste materials.